Thursday, April 7, 2011

Another Weird Night of 'Squatchin'

April 6, 2011...another foray into the forest in search of the legendary Sasquatch.

This time Stan and I were accompanied by our friends Chris Mason & Laura Richter (and the ever intrepid Belle). We had a good night. Cool, clear sky and a sliver of moon that cast the forest in a pale light in all but the deepest parts. Just to be different we entered the woods at a different location.

Again, I had no big hope of actually seeing Bigfoot. I suspect, if they're there, they know we've entered the woods and tend to keep back. What I wanted was to hear one scream! Mind you, not too close to me but still...

Two packs of coyotes battled it out from across the valley and there were plenty of owls but nothing I would classify as an unknown primate. We did, however, experience a couple of strange things. While I'm not prepared to state with certainty that these were 'squatch related, they were very odd.

In the ghost field we talk of feelings that make our hair stand up, feelings like we're being watched. I'm not one to experience that kind of stuff but at one point in the night I got the feeling that if I turned around someone...something would be standing right behind me. There wasn't. It was interesting though. Anyone who's spent time in the woods has felt this feeling before and, while it very well could be a natural defense of any animal, it's hard to ignore when you're looking for an 8 foot giant!

Further down the valley I was overcome by an odd "electrical" charge, akin to grabbing a low wattage, badly grounded electrical appliance. It was a powerful wave of something that made my skin crawl. As I was the only one who felt it I can't offer more than that but many Bigfoot researchers believe the big guy has a type of power (pyschic or otherwise) they use to intimidate. It was a curious sensation but, really, may have been nothing but my amped up imagination.

As we walked across a field Laura was hit by a small ball of wet mud that came from...well, I'm not sure. It was thrown, that much is certain.

Finally, as we neared our normal entrance, I began wood knocking. I got no response but Laura and I decided to walk up the hill to the spot where we'd gotten the weird "whoop" and the wood knock on our last visit. I tapped trees along the way and, for some reason, we sang Pink Floyd, "OK, just knock if you can hear me..." I'll laugh if Stan's out there some day and hears a gutteral rendition of "You Better Run"!

About halfway up the hill we heard something moving in the woods off to our left. It stopped when we stopped and continued with us as we walked. No idea what it was but, as we stood and listened for it at one point, from a few yards ahead we heard a sound. I can't really describe it, a series of clicks that were, obviously, coming from a lifeform of some type. As if someone were clicking their tongue against their teeth. Both of us heard it clearly. I answered but doing my best to mimic the sound. It answered. And then Belle ran up behind us. She paused and moved forward. As she neared the spot I thought the sound was coming from she crouched and stared straight ahead and then suddenly tore off past us and down the trail.

I'm not too proud to say we went for backup but, when the four of us returned to the spot, there was nothing to see, no sounds, no responses to our wood knocks or my horrible impression of Christopher Lambert in "Graystoke". Nothing.

Finally we returned to the car and Stan did sound blasts for a few minutes but, other than the coyotes, there was no reply.

I can't say what we experienced. I will lay odds that it, at least, could have been Bigfoot. But, again, nothing I could use to prove anything. Still though, another good night in the woods!

No comments:

Post a Comment