Monday, July 18, 2011

Bigfoot in Chatham?


On the night of June 15, 2011 I received a series of text messages from my friend Amy who informed me that her friend had found what he believed to be a Bigfoot footprint in his mother's backyard in Chatham, Illinois. I contacted Stan who, with his wife, visited the home the next morning. Following work on the 16th I went to the home myself.

What we found was a remarkable print, 18" long by 7" wide beneath an apple tree. The home is, oddly, located in a subdivision but is very close to a nature preserve which is easily accessible via a seven foot in diameter culvert about 200 yards away from the house.

The family was having their pool liner changed when workers brought the print to their attention. It had been raining for several days and the ground had been muddy. It was quickly apparent that whatever made the print had come for apples and had inadvertently stepped on a muddy patch of ground.

The backyard has several fruit trees and the mother told me how, for a couple of years, the fruit had often vanished from the trees. I was also informed that the neighbors dog had been exhibiting odd behaviour such as refusing to go into the backyard and demanding to sleep in it's master's bedroom, something it had never done before.

It isn't uncommon for Bigfoot to leave gifts for their benefactors. Located not far from the tree was the body of a rabbit. It's head was missing, obviously twisted from the rabbit's body.


I won't go as far as to say this was absolutely a Sasquatch. I will, however, suggest that it's highly likely. As of this writing there has been no other activity reported at the house however there have been several other reports in the area and those will be posted on Stan's website which can be accessed here.

http://www.stancourtney.com/wordpress/

No comments:

Post a Comment